Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing #9 - Adding RSS Feeds

RSS feeds will take some time for me - I like this tool, but am not good at it yet! I didn't see any difference between looking for the icon on a site I read regularly and checking sources such as the ones listed. Syndic8 was the most confusing of the ones listed; Google and Topix were the easiest fo me to use. Wetpaint seems like a great site for teachers; I plan to go back to it when I have more time; check Topix Offbeat for the weird and wacky. The good news is this really does open the world to anyone and could be a great resource for students; the bad news is, it can, as the narrator of the video in Thing #8 said, be addicitve. Everyone - students included - should look, read, then move on to something else; my concern is that people can find themselves spending too much time in front of the screen.

2 comments:

Random Travels said...

Just thought I'd say I agree with the confusion using Syndic8. It just didn't appeal to me. There are better things ahead in #10 and #11. Don't know about #12 yet...
Plus, somebody made a comment on one of my 'Things' which was a nice surprise and I thought I'd 'pay it forward'to a couple other newby bloggers. So here's your comment, hope you pay it forward. :-)

Kathy said...

Thanks for the comment about Syndic8! I'm glad it wasn't just me.