Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing #22 - Nings

I know I'm doing things out of order. After looking at Things #21, 22, I realized I don't have time to complete 21 before leaving on vacation - so it'll be done when I get back; maybe I'll bore everyone with vacation pictures on the podcast!
Nings were interesting; I spent most of my time on the Teacher Ning. There are lots of people who apparently spend lots of time on the computer! I think it could be a help when looking for lesson ideas or asking a question of the world "at large". I also think a Ning could be set up for a class or grade level. I'm not sure how much time I'd spend on an official site like Teacher Ning - I'm usually so far behind that I don't don't have too much time for blogging, etc. It would certainly be one of the tools I use, but there are a number of ways classes/kids/teachers can communicate as groups, so I'd pick the best one for whatever I was doing. I do see that it might work as a Facebook type of thing, but more specifically.

3 comments:

Tiger Lilly said...

I definitely won't be bored by your vacation highlights. Pop in and tell us all about it! I'm so proud of you and it's not the end of the world if you've gotten a few things out of order. You are going to walk away with so much so don't sweat it!

Renae Perkins

LauraAnn said...

Hey Kathy, I can help with your video problem. I figured out how to embed the videos today, and yes, it was frustrating. Let me know if you still need some help!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing your vacation pictures!